Friday 16 February 2018

It's Your Birthday



Hello and welcome friends and visitors.

This passed week I celebrated a milestone birthday....my 50th!

I can honestly say that, mentally, I really don't feel that old (where oh where did those 50 years go?) but the body is certainly showing signs of wear and tear!!
I am fully resolved, however, to NOT grow old gracefully (despite the silver hair, although that appears to be all the rage right now).

Well, I didn't do anything special to mark the occasion, but it was a lovely day all the same.

So on to today's card.....





The supplies used here are
* Coconut White foundation card
* Make & Create design pad - Sweet Garden Roses
* Joanna Sheen Signature Dies - Isobel Lace
* Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions - Stitched Flags
* Make & Create Border Die
* Magazine freebie sentiment die and stamp set
* Pearls from my stash

I really wanted a rosette on this card and, at the time of making, I didn't have a rosette die and only one border die that would suffice. So this is the result and I don't think it's too bad really.

Once again I used the Sweet Garden Roses pad as this was also a card made for my darling Daughter's birthday just gone. I wanted both cards to have a very similar look but still to be different from one another.

I'm very pleased to say that she loved it, I hope you do too.

For those interested, I managed to gain my 1 Stone award at SW this week! I am struggling a little this week though (I'll put that down to birthday treats!). I've even been considering buying some home exercise equipment but I'm unsure what to get with my dodgy joints! I'll keep looking lol.

So my friends. That's my card for this week.

Please stop by again on Wednesday for my next Amazing Paper Grace card.

Thank you so much for your visit today. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.

Jo xx








9 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, it is only a number...just take it as it comes....The card is just so so beautiful...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ursula. I think everyone expected me to have some sort of celebration....but I explained I was only 1 day older than the day before 😂 xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo happy belated birthday, hope you had a fantastic day. Your card is lovely, a little different to your usual, but I love the rosette, always handy for a gentleman's card. Many congratulations on your stone award, you are doing so well, we all have a little blip now and again and quite justified due to your birthday. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much Annette 😊 xx

      Delete
  3. just love this card is the paper older I can't find it thanks darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene. I purchased the paper the year before last (I bought several pads!) from The Works in the UK. I haven't seen it in stock for some time I'm afraid 😊 xx

      Delete
  4. Wishing you a very Happy 50th. Continue to do what you Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
    Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete