Saturday 6 January 2018

Congratulations



Hello there friends and visitors.

I hope you have all enjoyed the first week of 2018!

The weather, predictably, seems to be taking a turn for the worse. We've had some mighty strong winds of late. Poor old Hubster got attacked by a wheelie bin on his early morning dog walk the other day. The whole garden was strewn with litter and the streets were pretty difficult to negotiate for debris and overturned bins!
Having said that, I'll take the strong winds over the few feet of snow our American friends have been experiencing! Take care if you're over there my friends.

Well the shops are full of Easter Eggs and we haven't even got to Valentines day yet, lol. With Valentines creeping up on us, I must have developed a bit of a romantic streak! I think Christmas and New Year are typically when a lot of couples get Engaged to be married and it's kind of set me off on a bit of a theme.

So here is my first 'Romance' inspired card of the year.







The supplies used here are

* Cream and Coconut White cardstock
* Crafts-Too A4 Embossing Folder
* Amazing Paper Grace/Spellbinders Designer Series - Graceful Corners One
* Spellbinders Nestabilities Card Creator - 5x7 Reflective Moment
* Crafters Companion Signature Collection - Shabby Chic Filigree Flourish
* Amazing Paper Grace/Spellbinders Venice Lace Collection - Cinch and Go Flowers Two
* Sheena Douglas Perfect Partners - Fanciful Fuschia
* Pearls from my stash
* Justrite Clear - Large Fancy Sentiments stamp set
* Metallic gold marker pen
* Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Wax - Enchanted Gold

I used the larger of the two sentiment tags from the Reflective Moments set.
The fold over corners and the flourish from Becca Feekens Graceful Corners One.
I only used the leaves from Sheena's Fanciful Fuchsia's to tuck under the flowers. I just love how those turned out. I used a little blending solution to make a paint with the gilding wax before applying to the flowers. It was far easier than trying to apply it with my finger. But the finger sufficed for the other areas.
The flowers centres I fashioned from some air dry clay, florists wire and painted with the gilding wax.
All finished off with lashings of pearls!

Just a quick heads up for you friends and Becca fans. Have you seen the 'sneak peek' of the new Amazing Paper Grace dies? If not pop over to Becca's blog HERE. I strongly recommend pre-ordering this collection from your preferred web store, or even better, asking your local stockist to order them in. I have a feeling these will sell out fast, particularly in the UK!

So there is my card for the weekend friends. I hope you like it as much as I do. Whatever your plans for the weekend, have a great one and take care, wherever you are.

Thank you for your visit today and please stop by again on Tuesday for my next Amazing Paper Grace creation!

Jo xx



























16 comments:

  1. That is truly beautiful Jo, simple and elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your stunning card. The whole thing is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful romantic card I love the dies you have used and the embossing folder. I adore lemon for Spring it is so refreshing, have some daffodils in the house and they always cheer me up. Thanks for sharing xx ๐Ÿ˜™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette. I hope you are keeping well ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

      Delete
    2. Still got the nasty cough, husband as well, taking it in turns keeping each other awake during the night lol, thanks for asking xx

      Delete
    3. Oh no. Not THAT cough! That lingering type of cough can be so draining Annette. Take care of your selves and take it as easy as possible. Gentle hugs to you both ๐Ÿ˜ท xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jo! I agree these will sell out very quickly here in the UK Hugs, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I'm almost giddy with anticipation! ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

      Delete
  5. Abolutely gorgeous! I love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful card. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, a stunning card, will pop over and see the new collection coming out...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete