Friday 29 December 2017

Spring is sure to follow


Well hello and welcome back friends and visitors.
Are we all recovered from the Christmas preparations and gearing up for Hogmanay?

New Year has always been a big thing in my family, due to my Scottish roots. Sadly, it's tailed off rather now I'm older. I do, however, like to be with my nearest and dearest at the chiming of midnight. It looks like we will all be spending it working together this year. That's ok though, just as long as we are all together.

I'm super excited to see the Viking Fire Festival in Flamborough on the night. We have never been but it should be a great evening to be a part of.

Anyhow, the new year will hopefully bring some more clement weather with it. I won't hold my breath for that though lol.

With that in mind, the weather was definitely the inspiration for today's card. So here it is.






The supplies used here are

* Make and Create - Fabulous Roses paperstack 12" x 12"
* Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Coconut White
* Spellbinders Borderabilities Card Creator - Scalloped Borders Two
* Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson Frames and Tags - Stitched Flags
* Spellbinders Nestabilities - Elegant Ovals
* Spellbinders Classic Ovals - Large
* Amazing Paper Grace/Spellbinders Designer Series - Decorative Swallowtail Tags
* Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson Finishing Touches - Trailing Ivy
* Beautiful Flowers Flower Dies
* Elizabeth Crafts - Bunch of Flowers
* Freebie sentiment stamp - Vintage Springtime
* Pearls and stamens from my stash
* Distress inks

So there is today's Spring inspired card. Maybe I should have done an April showers card instead!

I do hope you like today's card. Thank you all for your continued visits. Please pop back again Tuesday for my next Amazing Paper Grace card. If you can't wait that long for a little bit of Becca Feeken magic, pop over and visit her blog HERE. You won't be disappointed. (I swear she has magical powers when it comes to design!)

I wish you all the very best Hogmanay and a wonderful start to 2018. Please take care however you are welcoming in the New Year.

All the very best,

Jo xx


6 comments:

  1. Your card is so refreshing. Thank you for introducing Spring, especially as I look outside at all our snow. Keep up your beautiful workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara. I cannot wait for winter to be over and welcome the sight of the fresh spring blooms 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a good New Year's evening, staying in myself as hubby and I have the horrible cough going around. Wish Spring was around the corner, but your card still cheered me up love the fresh colours too and beautiful as usual. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annette. I wish you a speedy recovery and a happy New Year 😊 xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely card, Such pretty colours. Just what we need this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pam. It's a nice change from Christmas cards 😊 xx

      Delete