Saturday 9 December 2017

Merry Christmas - Red and White

Hello again visitors and friends.

How are you all this weekend? All prepared for the Big Day? I am really not prepared at all lol. I think I leave it later and later each year. It will come to the point where I'm shopping on Christmas Eve!
So long as I have everything planned, it will all be fine (hopefully).

It is, most certainly, feeling much more wintery here on the blustery (by blustery, I mean gale force!) East Coast. We always get that biting wind. The one that gives you 'brain freeze', without the pleasure of eating an ice-cream first! I've had brain, face and leg freeze this week on my dog walks. I'm thinking I need a full body and face thermal romper suit type thing lol.

Well, I'm sat here with my fairy lights twinkling and feeling rather Christmassy, so here is my next Christmas card for you.











The supplies used here are

* Red and white cardstock
* Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions Noble dies - Double Pierced Squares
* Spellbinders Card Creator - Reflective Moments 5x7
* Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas
* Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip
* Woodware Holly punch
* Stampendous embossing powder - Crystal
* Distress inks
* Berries and ribbon from my stash

I Altered the Reflective Moments slightly, as I wanted a squarer looking frame rather than a rectangle, and backed it with red card. On the little Wreath strip branches I used the Stampendous embossing powder to give them a little sparkle and I used a little distress ink around the edges of the holly leaves. 

Well that's my card for today. I do hope you like it
I had better go do some list making/planning for a shopping expedition in the very near future!

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope to see you next week for my next Amazing Paper Grace card.

Have a lovely weekend and take care.

Jo xx










4 comments:

  1. What did you use to Raise the Merry Christmas die cut-it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. The one thing I specifically wanted to add and I forgot!
      I die cut in white 4 times and twice in red and glued all together with the red slightly offset. That way it raises it up nicely without the need for foam pads, which is difficult to use without being seen from certain angles. I hope that helps xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, so simple yet so beautiful....the red and white are so traditional....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete